Bhutan is located in the Himalayan kingdom and is a small landlocked country where amazing snow peak Mountains and shadowy forests create a fantastic landscape. The unique thing about Bhutan is that it is the only country where almost 72% of the land is covered in forests making it carbon-neutral country. Apart from this Bhutan is also a place where people value there traditions and culture. The major tourist attractions of Bhutan are located in the western and central region of the country, majorly in and around Paro, Thimphu, and Punakha. During Bhutan holidays people may decide to tour unique places to celebrate according to the type of holiday.
Tourist Attractions in Bhutan: Enjoy your Holidays
The following are the best places to visit in Bhutan during the holiday.
Thimphu is the capital city and also the largest city in Bhutan kingdom, where it is located in one of the country’s most stunning valleys which makes the city one of the most visited places in Bhutan kingdom. Presence of Tashichho Dzong and the ancient fortress-monastery provides unique sites for tourists.
Buddha Dordenma Statue
Buddha Dordenma Statue which is 50m in height is the largest Buddharupas in the world. It houses over 125,000 small Buddha statues surrounding it.
Punakha Dzong is a beautiful center for tourist’s attraction that offers a stunning sight of the luminous aura of the whitewashed walls on a bright sunny day. The natural beauty surrounds the dzong with lush hills and clear blue sky as a backdrop.
It is also called Gangteng Monastery. It is bowl-shaped glacial valley located in central Bhutan in Black Mountains Park. The valley is known to have diverse plant life and also a habitat to more than ten protected species of birds and animals. The valley is most toured since it provides beautiful scenery to view wildlife animals at close range.
Jigme Dorji National Park
The exotic Jigme Dorji National Park was established to protect the indigenous species of endangered animals in Bhutan kingdom. The park is the second largest in Bhutan covering an area of over 4,316 square kilometers. It is habitat to rare species of animals, such as, the Bengal tiger, the Snow Leopard, the Himalayan black bear, the Indian Leopard, the Red Panda and among others species of animals that dwell there. The park also is the sources of four rivers which are river Mochu, Pochu, Wandchu and Pachu.
Taktsang Monastery is commonly known as the Tiger’s Nest Monastery is one among the most toured place in the Himalayan province and also the place of the high-traditional values in the country. It is located more than1200 meters above the Paro valley surrounded by scenic beauty. Tourists can arrive on Tiger’s Nest only by following the grueling mountains paths.
Bhutan holidays include:
- Himalayan tours to Bhutan, Tibet, and Nepal: to explore snow-capped Nepal, Tibetan temples and kingdom of Bhutan.
- Western Bhutan Walking: to see panoramic mountains views.
- Cultural Bhutan Holidays: to experience Bhutanese culture and festivals.
- Buddhism Cultural holiday: which is a journey to the inner self.
- Druk Path Trekking: which involves trekking to remote land often from civilization.
- Jambay Lakhagh Festival Holiday: which is to experience the colorful Jambay Lakhang festival.
Asia Holidays include the following:
If you are planning holidays in Asia, there are several other options apart from Bhutan. Have a look:
- Borneo Orangutan Holiday which is Wildlife and beach adventure tour to Borneo.
- Great Wall of China walking holiday where people trek along various sections of the wall.
- Japan golden route holiday which is 9-nights classic Japan trip in Tokyo, Fuji, and Kyoto.
- Kerala homestay tour, India where people stays in homestays in various destinations in Kerala.
- Tiger tour in India Land which is wildlife tour through India.